First, I had to be honest with myself and seek the answer to the question: what is my purpose? For everyone that answer is different, but for me my God given purpose is to serve the people of the 9th District.
As a law enforcement officer, I work for my city through good and bad. My profession is one that is often seen in a negative way, but it is also perhaps the most needed. For eighteen years, I have worked to Help the people of Memphis. I have protected, empowered, and saved lives. I work every day to motivate people to become active and empowered members of their communities.
Because of my experience on the job, and because I know that I have even more to offer, I have decided to run for Congress. I believe that a government should protect its people from discrimination and persecution, and I see myself as a statesman for the people. I stand on the values of trust, honesty and equality. But I also believe that it is our duty as citizens to give back to our community. To build a strong community, there must be individuals who will help in building a foundation, and I am willing and ready to do so.
As a child, I thought of myself as Wonder Woman, ready to save the world. That is until I hit my head on a brick and ended up in the hospital. Wonder Woman was ready, willing and able to save the world. Now I am ready, willing and able to Help District 9. In the process, save lives.
The point is,
- I am Ready and Willing to work for you.
- I am Ready and Willing to fight for you.
- I am Ready and Willing to go the bat for you.
- I am Ready and Willing to fight for the education of District 9.
- I am Ready and Willing to save and protect the people of District 9.
- I have done so as a Law Enforcement Officer and will continue to do so, despite the outcome.
- I am ready
- I am willing
- I am the Help District 9 needs, Help is Here.
Life and Livelihood
Peace and Protection